Patient Group Directions
PGDs for vaccine are available here.
- Adrenaline for the treatment of anaphylaxis
- Combined oral contraceptive
- Emergency oral contraception
- Etonogestrel 68mg subdermal implant
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate injection
- Progestogen only pills
- Salbutamol for reversibility testing
Policy for the development and management of Patient Group Directions (PGDs)
The lack of a policy for the development and management of Patient Group Directions (PGDs) was identified as a risk when the CCG was asked to provide PGDs for particular drugs in general practices.
It was also identified that the PGDs in use in the Walk-In centres provided by Northern Doctor’s Urgent Care (NDUC), had not been authorised for use by an accepted authorising body.
The policy and supporting procedures and processes here have been developed to meet the needs of general practices in SCCG.