Click on the links for further information
The threshold matrix with tiers of intervention and associated guidance has been developed to assist practitioners in assessing the seriousness, key considerations, level of risk, impact of the abuse that is occurring and the risk of reoccurrence to assist with decision-making when responding to a concern of abuse or neglect. The thresholds and associated guidance does not contain any “hard and fast” rules or remove the need for professional judgement but is designed to support defensible decision making.
Domestic abuse advocacy pilot
2 years working with 11 Practices -WWIN Advocate working into the practices.
– Implement routine enquiry for all female patients aged 16 + presenting alone.
– Nursing staff to routinely ask all female patients attending the surgery for a smear and presenting alone.
– Flag domestic abuse on electronic systems and confirm the question has been asked and action taken. Clear recording of disclosure, risk indicators and agreed follow up.
– All practice staff to receive domestic abuse training (between 1-3 hours depending on their role).
– Identify a Domestic Abuse Champion for the surgery who will receive some additional training to support referrals to specialist services.
– Legacy to create a network of Champions across the City.