NHS Sunderland’s Better Health Roadshow will welcome people from around the city for five consecutive Saturdays, from 26 October to 23 November. The roadshow promotes better health for life across the entire community.
These free events will be running at the below locations between 10am and 3pm on the following Saturdays:
|Tesco, Roker Retail Park, Newcastle Road, Sunderland, SR6 0DA||26 Oct|
|Bede Tower, Burdon Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DZ||02 Nov|
|Houghton Sports and Wellness Centre, Houghton Le Spring, DH4 5AH||09 Nov|
|Arts Centre Washington, Biddick Lane, Washington, NE38 8AB||16 Nov|
|City Centre, Park Lane||23 Nov|
We want to give you the right support to help you stay healthy and well. There are lots of things you can do to support your own health and well being and the Better Health Roadshows will be out and about across Sunderland to share tips and information.
You and your family are invited to attend any of the free, fun family roadshows. There’s a range of activities that everyone can benefit from, including:
- CPR demonstrations and community defibrillator training from the North East Ambulance Service
- Exercise demonstrations by Everyone Active, showing you ways to easily incorporate stretches and exercises into your everyday life
- Find out more about what’s really in the food you and your family eat, with Change4Life Sunderland
- Learn how Pilates can improve posture, muscle tone, balance and joint mobility, as well as relieve stress and tension
- Do you suffer from anxious thoughts? Learn how mindfulness can improve your mental wellbeing
- Discover how massage is not just an indulgence, but good for physical and mental wellbeing
- Free health checks, including weight, height and BMI calculations
- How well are you washing your hands? Take our UV light test to find out
- Take part in our challenge to see how far you can ride our smoothie-making bike
As well as all this, there’ll be the chance to win free activity passes from Everyone Active!
The events are drop in, so there is no need to register.
Everyone is welcome!