The public consultation for urgent care took place between Wednesday 9 May to Sunday 2 September 2018.
The consultation has now CLOSED.
- This consultation is NOT about closing buildings
- It is about PROPOSED CHANGES to urgent care services, which include:
- No longer providing walk-in (urgent care) SERVICES in Houghton, Bunny Hill and Washington
- Replacing these with appointments in our existing 40 GP practices and Sunderland Extended Access Service
- An urgent treatment centre located at Pallion Health Centre
- This consultation does NOT affect other services that are currently based in these buildings
- Most people will be treated closer to home; and that this is part of a wider range of changes (Sunderland Extended Access Service, home visiting, enhanced NHS 111 and 42,000 extra GP appointments per year)
Listen to the key points for Sunderland Urgent Care below:
You can watch our live question and answer sessions on the SUN Fm Facebook page here:
Please download a copy of the consultation document to find out more: